Lancing College is a Christian foundation in the Anglican tradition.
The College, set in outstanding countryside and housed in fine buildings, educates boys and girls to develop a love of learning and to reach their full potential, enriched by the arts and physical activities. It prepares young men and women of vision and integrity who will be of service to their fellow human beings.
- To preserve and promote the Christian values which lie at the heart of the foundation of the College.
- To provide an education for boys and girls from aged 3 to 18 which inspires a desire for excellence and which enables them to develop independent, searching minds and to realise their full academic potential.
- To prepare boys and girls thoroughly for university and other tertiary studies so that they derive the maximum benefit from their continuing education.
- To maintain the boarding ethos and structure of the College to the benefit of all pupils, both day and boarding.
- To assist boys and girls in their journey from childhood to adulthood, giving appropriate guidance and responsibilities and preparing them for their departure into an adult world.
- To ensure, as far as possible, that the years children spend at Lancing are happy and fulfilling ones.
- To maintain a close partnership with parents in guiding, and caring for, their children.
- To give each child the opportunity to experience a wide variety of activities which are not part of the examined curriculum and to encourage an interest in sport, music, drama, community service and other pursuits through the provision of excellent facilities and supervision.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, supportive and tolerant environment in which each pupil feels valued as an individual and, in turn, learns the importance of tolerance and consideration towards others.
- To help each child realise the importance of contributing to the community, both inside and outside the College and beyond, and to ensure that the wider community benefits from the existence of the College.
- To facilitate entry, where possible, to the College for children from underprivileged backgrounds with the potential to benefit from a Lancing education.
- To work constantly towards the improvement and good maintenance of the College facilities and to exercise a careful, responsible stewardship of the College grounds.
- To appoint talented staff who enjoy the responsibility of fulfilling these aims and to assist them in their professional development.