The Lancing Sixth Form is an increasingly popular choice for parents and pupils after their GCSEs. Every year the vast majority of pupils who have been at the school since the age of 13 choose to stay. At the same time, Lancing also attracts new pupils who are looking for a different Sixth Form experience. Sixth Form pupils receive extensive support in understanding their options for higher education and in preparing them for a life after Lancing. This tailored support for pupils in finding the right courses to suit their individual interest is evident in the variety and quality of pupil destinations.
Lancing College pupils have sustained good A Level results in 2017 with 77.1 per cent of grades achieved as A* to B.
- Half of all grades achieved were A* or A
- Exceptional performances this year in Mathematics, English, History and the Sciences
- Five pupils have successfully gained a place at Oxford or Cambridge
- 100 per cent of pupils gained an A* to B grade in their Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), over half of them at A* grade
- Nearly 10 per cent of students will be going to study Medicine or Biomedical Sciences
In 2017 pupils left the College to read:
- Aerospace Engineering at the University of Bristol
- Chemistry at Imperial College London
- Finance at the University of Manchester
- Engineering at University College London and at Brunel University
- Architecture at the University of Bath
- English Literature and American Studies at the University of Manchester
- Modern Languages at University College London
- Economics at the University of Bristol
- International Relations and Middle East Studies at St Andrews University
- Mathematics with Economics at London School of Economics.
In addition to those pupils going straight to university, a number choose to defer their place for a year, usually planning to carry out work experience and also to travel.