LATEST UPDATE: Monday 17 May 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In accordance with the most recent Government guidance (please see the link at the foot of this message for the official announcement) there will be an adjustment to our Covid-safe arrangements in school from today. We will be maintaining and emphasising the need for caution and year group ‘bubbles’ will remain in force, as will twice-weekly lateral flow testing, vigilance about room ventilation, continued emphasis on social distancing where possible, and enhanced hand hygiene etc.
However, as outlined in detail in the note attached, in most circumstances we will no longer be requiring the wearing of facemasks in classrooms or communal areas. Making the use of masks optional will have an immediate positive effect: verbal communication is the bedrock of so much teaching and learning, and the removal of a barrier will make the classroom experience much more straightforward, enjoyable and efficient.
• The full details of how this change will work are outlined below and have been shared with your sons and daughters this morning.
• It is important to note that everyone in school will be free to continue to wear face coverings should they wish to do so. If individual pupils feel more comfortable wearing masks around the school, that is their choice and a choice to be respected.
• There are also legal requirements still in place for the wearing of face coverings in certain environments such as on transport to and from school. There will also be circumstances in which we will still require that facemasks are used by everyone and, as the note below makes clear, everyone in school will retain a mask on their person at all times.
Please be assured that should the situation change and circumstances require, we will revert to a more restricted position.
With Half Term in view:
• Please remember that when on site all visitors are required to wear a face mask.
• At present, we regret that it is not possible for parents to enter Houses to aid their children with the collection of their belongings.
As ever, should you have any questions about these arrangements, please feel free to be in touch with your child’s Housemistress or Housemaster.
Link to Government announcement: