We are looking forward to the next OL Club AGM and Summer Reception on 14 June at the Royal Aeronautical Society, 4 Hamilton Place, London W1J 7BQ. The AGM starts at 6pm and the drinks reception at 6:45pm, all OL Club members and their guests are welcome. Full details are available on the Club website or email email@example.com to register your attendance. We hope to see as many OLs as possible for a fun evening of catching up with friends old and new.
- Apologies for absence
- To approve the minutes of the AGM held at The National Liberal Club, London on Thursday 13 July 2017.
- Matters arising.
- To receive the annual report of The Old Lancing Club.
Chairman will provide a report on Memorandum of Understanding, agreed between the College and The Club, outlining the new working relationship with respect to funding, events management and publications.
- To approve the Accounts of The Club for the year ending 31st December 2017.
A copy of the Accounts will be circulated by email to OL Club members, but a hard copy may be requested from the Foundation Office at Lancing College email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To elect Officers of The Club; according to the Rules, Officers shall retire at the AGM but may be re-elected to their former or any other office.
The President, the Chairman, the Secretary and the Treasurer shall retire, but have expressed their willingness to stand again in their current roles.
- To elect a new Communications Co-ordinator.
- To elect 2 new members of the Committee. The 3-year terms of Neesha Gopal and the Reverend Canon Bruce Hawkins have expired according to the Rules.
- To ratify the co-option of Tom Robson to the Committee.
Tom Robson was co-opted to the Committee after the AGM of 13th July 2017; according to the Rules this is subject to ratification at the next AGM.
- To deal with any other business for which the Secretary has received at least 14 days notice.
Nominations, together with a short profile, for the election of new officers of the Club and members of the Committee should be received by the Secretary Tim Poole together with the names of the proposer and seconder at least 14 days before the meeting by post or email.
Tim Poole, OL Club Secretary (email@example.com)
Click the link below to read the minutes and Chairman's Report from the 2017 Annual General Meeting