Lancing Prep Hove was visited by the ISI for a Regulatory Compliance Inspection in February 2018. This was a Compliance Only inspection and as such reports only on the school’s compliance with the standards that represent minimum requirements and judgements are given either as met or as not met.
The findings of the inspectors were that the school meets the standards in the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014, and relevant requirements of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, and associated requirements, and no further action is required as a result of this inspection.
The Educational Quality of the school was last evaluated by the ISI in its inspection in 2015. The school was awarded the highest possible grades by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in its March 2015 report.
Lancing Prep Hove was judged excellent across all areas
- Quality of pupils’ achievements and learning
- Contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision
- Quality of pupils’ personal development
- Leadership and management
- Quality of teaching
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Quality of arrangements for pastoral care
- Contribution of arrangements for welfare, health and safety
- Quality of governance
- Quality of leadership and management, including links with parents, carers and guardians
The report highlighted the aims and values that lie at the heart of the ethos of the school:
- “all pupils acquire excellent subject knowledge across a wide range of study and interests”
- “[The pupils] are confident and self-aware, yet mindful of others’ needs”
- “Considerable success in art, dance, drama and music competitions reflects the pupils’ well-developed creative skills”
- “The pupils’ attitudes to learning, in and out of lessons, are excellent”
- “The more able are identified and challenged with appropriate tasks to extend their learning”
A full copy of the report is available below.