The former Broadwater Manor School was run by Mrs Kim Woodley from 1997 until her retirement in January 2014. Mrs Woodley achieved her objective of the school of becoming once again a family run school for boys and girls aged two to 13.
Mrs Woodley took over from Mr D Telfer, who spent six years at Broadwater Manor before he moved onto a boarding prep school. The Diamond Jubilee of the School was celebrated in 1990 under Headmaster Andrew Moy who said farewell in 1991.
Mr & Mrs V P Sams took over running the school, as Headmaster and Bursar respectively, in 1960 when the school had just 90 pupils on its roll. They retired in 1987, after twenty seven years in charge, having grown the school to just under 400 in number. Over their time, years a number of changes and improvements had been made to the school
In 1986, the Toddler department was introduced. In 1984 a new building comprising four classrooms and a purpose-built computer room, together with an extension to the existing school hall. The school celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1980 and in the same year a new gymnasium and an extension to the science laboratory were completed. The Nursery first opened in 1981.
In 1968 the Pre-Preparatory Department was introduced and girls were admitted for the first time. By 1970 the school had doubled in size to 180.
Mr M D Neligan and the Reverend E J Burton founded Broadwater Manor in March 1930. The school opened with only five boys and slowly grew to 60 pupils in the nine years up to 1939. With the onset of war the school was evacuated to the West Country.
The Manor of Broadwater is mentioned in the Domesday Book, with the oldest part of the current building dating back some 500 years.