Lancing Prep Worthing was last inspected by the ISI in January 2014, the same month it became part of the Lancing College family of schools. The report made the following comments:
- Pupils make an excellent start in the early years
- The overall quality and standards of the early years provision are outstanding. Children make excellent progress relative to their starting points.
- Throughout the school, pupils are well grounded in basic skills
- They achieve high standards in English and particularly in reading
- Pupils make good progress in all areas because of effective teaching
- Pupils are well known as individuals and their progress is checked through regular assessments
- Pupils have positive attitudes to learning and are keen to succeed.
- A number of pupils have won first place in local, regional or national competitions, in art, poetry and writing.
- The most able are encouraged to aim high by the school’s identification of gifted and talented pupils and increasing attention to their needs, in and out of lessons
- Creative, expressive and practical subjects have a strong place in the curriculum, as seen in lessons and in clubs
- Pupils show creativity in their art and design work, as demonstrated in the high standard of work displayed around the school
- Pupils represent the county in a wide range of sports, and the school has a successful record in inter-school sporting tournaments
- Pupils participate with enthusiasm in purposeful and well-organised clubs, from sport, music, and drama to art and ICT
- The quality of pupils’ personal development is excellent, reflecting an ethos of care, respect, and service to others
- Pupils strive to adhere to the principle of treating others as you would like to be treated, and the standard of behaviour is excellent
- Pupils have an excellent standard of personal development by the time they leave the school
- The school’s arrangements for pastoral care are excellent
- Pupils are supported by high quality pastoral care and know that they can turn to staff if they have any concerns