Work with us!
Little Lancing is a wonderful nursery setting with friendly staff who are passionate about Early Years childcare. Established in September 2019, the nursery is continuing to grow in popularity and we are currently recruiting additional qualified staff to meet the increase in demand. Our new baby room extension opened in Spring 2021 and our Forest School learning space opened in 2022.
We are adding to our qualified nursery staff team as our numbers grow. We also consider applications from nursery assistants with Level 2 qualifications or those who are looking for part-time hours. We are open all year round so cannot offer term-time only contracts for permanent staff. We have a team of bank staff who work flexible shifts to support the staff in the three nursery rooms and those seeking bank hours are welcome to contact Rachel Martini, our Nursery Manager, for an informal discussion.
We also periodically offer apprenticeship opportunities and are currently working with Greater Brighton Metropolitan College, based in their Worthing campus. We now have a number of apprentices close to completing their qualifications, with a second group already with training underway. We will have further opportunities available in 2023.
We are also recruiting a nursery housekeeper. We offer
- competitive salaries
- five weeks' holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas shutdown
- continued training and professional development.
- staff wellbeing programme, pension scheme
- free parking on site, free hot lunches
- substantial discount on childcare
Apprenticeship opportunities: We pay substantially over the government pay rate for our apprentices. Our first intake of nursery apprentices are nearing completion of their studies and the next batch of trainees have started theirs. We will have more apprenticeship opportunities available from 2023.
Please see below for details of how to apply. Do get in touch with Rachel Martini by phone 01273 465900 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more informally about joining our nursery team.
The Application Process
- For nursery assistant vacancies working directly with the children, the job listing requires candidates initially to upload their current CV and a covering letter only. If we wish to take your application further, you will be invited firstly to a telephone interview with the nursery manager, and the next step after that is to fill in the formal application form and self-disclosure form. Links to the forms will be sent to you. This will enable the HR department to process your application further and invite you for a formal interview.
- For support roles that do not involve working directly with the children, eg catering/cleaning jobs, we follow the main Lancing College recruitment process. The job listing will require you to complete the formal application form and self-disclosure form first. You are welcome to submit a CV and covering letter but this is not a compulsory requirement. HR will contact you if your application is to be taken to the next stage.
About Little Lancing
Little Lancing is a subsidiary of Lancing College, which is a friendly, ethical, vibrant and outward-looking place to work. We act with integrity and treat each other with respect, valuing diversity and rejecting discrimination. We are fully committed to creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects both our local community and our cosmopolitan nursery family. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Little Lancing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which the College considers satisfactory, the receipt of satisfactory references, the College's pre-employment medical questionnaire and sight of relevant original ID documentation and degree certificate(s). Applicants who have lived outside of the UK in the past 10 years will be required to provide a Police Check from their country of residence. In addition, and where applicable, successful candidates will be required to produce a ‘letter of professional standing’ issued by the relevant professional regulatory authority as proof of past conduct.
The Nursery is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered "spent" under the Act) must be declared. If you have a criminal record this will not automatically debar you from employment. Instead, each case will be assessed fairly by reference to Lancing College/Little Lancing's objective assessment.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received, Little Lancing is unable to acknowledge every application. The nursery will only notify those candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview. Therefore, if applicants have not had a reply within 21 days of the closing date, they may assume that their application has not been successful.
To find out more, please download the Lancing College Recruitment Policy
Click this link to view the Little Lancing Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy