Lancing College fees are designed to be as inclusive as possible of all usual charges, to enable parents to budget with a degree of certainty.
The following information should be read in conjunction with the listed attachments which will provide further information on methods of payment, insurances and where additional charges are payable.
Senior School Fees 2019–2020
Full boarding £12,355 per term
Flexi-boarding £10,385 per term (for incoming Year 9)
Day £8,440 per term and occasional overnight stays charged at £62 per night.
Included in the termly fees:
- Academic books and provision of an iPad
- All meals
- Usual laundry (excluding dry cleaning)
- Personal accident insurance.
Billed with the termly fees as additional charges:
• The Lancing Society – This gives pupils and parents lifetime membership of the Lancing Society and OL Club (with its membership of over 5,500 individuals worldwide)
• The Nathaniel Woodard Bursary Fund
• Examination Fees
• Tier 4 Visa compliance – those pupils who attend College on a Tier 4 Visa will pay a termly fee to cover the cost of our external administration/compliance agency
• SEN/EAL lessons
• Transport – the school currently runs bus services for day pupils from the surrounding area. Transport is also available to and from airports at the start and end of each term
• House Accounts
• CCF – the charge for joining the CCF is a one-off payment of £105
• Design & Technology – pupils are charged for materials and consumables used in connection with their own projects
• Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
• School trips – the cost of trips will be kept to a minimum particularly if they are compulsory
• School Shop – uniform can be purchased from the School Shop website. However, on occasion charges may be added to the termly invoice
• Library – for items which are not renewed or returned by the due date
• Extra laundry.
Pupil Insurance Schemes
Various insurance schemes are provided by the College on an opt-in basis and are payable by a termly premium. The parents of new starters will be sent more detailed information and an opt-in form to complete. Parents can opt out at the end of any academic year. Please note that your children will not be covered unless you actively opt in and fill in the relevant forms. The main features are shown below:
• Schools’ AXA PPP Health Insurance Scheme at £99 per term per child (Senior School only) – compensation for hospital and other private medical treatment (participation is highly recommended unless the parent is covered under a separate family and / or company scheme)
• Pupils’ Personal Effects Scheme at £8.57 per term per child (Senior School only) – cover for personal effects of pupils
• Fees Refund Scheme at 1.05% of school fees – compensation for the loss of fees following the absence of your child for any medical reason including accident, sickness or quarantine
• Pupils’ Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (Incorporating Dental Cover) – this scheme is not part of the opt-in insurances and your child is automatically included in the scheme as part of your fees. This scheme provides compensation for total or partial permanent disability as a result of accidents.
Other Useful Documentation
AXA PPP HEALTHCARE SCHEME INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORM
AXA PPP HEALTHCARE SCHEME INFORMATION DOCUMENT
AXA PPP HEALTHCARE SCHEME PUPIL NOTICE
AXA PPP HEALTHCARE SCHEME Q&A DOCUMENT
FEES REFUND SCHEME INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORM
FEES REFUND SCHEME INFORMATION (PUPILS WITH COVER)
PERSONAL ACCIDENT SCHEME INFORMATION DOCUMENT
PERSONAL ACCIDENT SCHEME PUPIL NOTICE
PERSONAL ACCIDENT SCHEME Q&A DOCUMENT
PUPILS' PERSONAL EFFECTS INSURANCE SCHEME INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORM
PUPILS' PERSONAL EFFECTS INSURANCE SCHEME INFORMATION DOCUMENT
PUPILS' PERSONAL EFFECTS INSURANCE SCHEME PUPIL NOTICE
PUPILS' PERSONAL EFFECTS INSURANCE SCHEME Q&A DOCUMENT