The Lancing Sixth Form is an increasingly popular choice for parents and pupils after their GCSEs. Every year the vast majority of pupils who have been at the school since the age of 13 choose to stay. At the same time, Lancing also attracts new pupils who are looking for a different Sixth Form experience. Sixth Form pupils receive extensive support in understanding their options for higher education and in preparing them for a life after Lancing. This tailored support for pupils in finding the right courses to suit their individual interest is evident in the variety and quality of pupil destinations.
A Level Results 2018
In the first year of the reformed – and more challenging – vast majority of A Level subjects, Lancing College is delighted to report another very strong round of results:
- 55% of all examinations at A grade or better and 76% at A*–B grade
- 25% of the Upper Sixth cohort of students achieved a clean sweep of A grades or better in all of their examinations with two students achieving a clean sweep of A* grades
- Six pupils have successfully gained a place at Oxford or Cambridge
- Other popular university destinations in 2018 include: UCL, Imperial College, Manchester
- 15% of pupils are going on to study Bioscience or Medicine at university
These results further reinforce Lancing’s strong reputation for consistently high academic achievement, year-on-year at A Level and with exceptional performances this year in Maths, History, Biology, Chemistry, Music and Politics.
In addition to those pupils going straight to university, a number choose to defer their place for a year, usually planning to carry out work experience and also to travel.