As a well-regarded boarding school, Lancing College has a strong tradition of welcoming pupils with parents living all over the world. We have a solid boarding ethos and our pupils often comment on the diverse nature of the school and how this equips them in becoming confident, well-rounded global citizens.
We welcome international pupils mainly in the Third Form and Sixth Form. However, if places are available, entry can also take place in the Fourth Form.
Lancing College provides a safe and caring environment where pupils are given the necessary support to excel in their academic studies and, at the same time, benefit from a wealth of co-curricular activities and over 550 acres of English countryside.
"The boarding life helped me build self-discipline during my GCSE years and I'm truly grateful to all support rendered by tutors and colleagues which is the most valuable time I've had."
Genie W, Fifth Form, 2016 (Hong Kong)
Applying for a place
- Applying for a place at Lancing College to study in the UK is a relatively straightforward process. The College Admissions team is experienced in guiding international parents and prospective pupils through our entry requirements, from first enquiry and visit to your son’s or daughter’s arrival for their first term.
- Admissions to Lancing College are by examination and informal interview with the Registrar and are subject to a satisfactory report and reference from your child’s current school.
- International students who are currently studying at a UK prep school will generally follow the ISEB Common Entrance (minimum of 55% on Level 2 papers) or Common Academic Scholarship Examination route.
Steps to apply
- The first step is to complete and return the Registration Form together with the relevant registration fee (£200). We also require a current reference or report from the candidate’s school and all candidates will be interviewed by the Registrar (this can be by Skype), prior to a place being offered.
- At this point, we strongly encourage parents to seek information regarding the requirements for their son or daughter to study in the UK.
- Alternatively for pupils not studying at a UK prep school, candidates can also sit the UKiset. More information about these tests can be found here.
- Offers of a place to successful candidates are generally made in December.
- When the successful candidate is offered a place at Lancing College, the payment of an Entrance Deposit of one term’s fees is required. This deposit is refunded when the pupil leaves the College.
- On confirmation of an offer in December, parents are then able to apply in April of the following year for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa.
- The College will work with you to support you during this process. However, we cannot take responsibility for completing your application correctly, or on time.
Visa requirements to study in the UK
We recommend all parents check the latest visa requirements to study.
Tier 4 Visa Applications and Lancing College
Lancing College has appointed The Mark Taylor Partnership to operate its Tier 4 compliance. Please read here for more information.
"Lancing has prepared me well academically. It has been good to be surrounded by motivated people, not just staff but students too."
Sixth Form pupil, 2016 (from Russia)