As a well-regarded boarding school, Lancing College has a strong tradition of welcoming pupils with parents living all over the world. We have a solid boarding ethos and our pupils often comment on the diverse nature of the school and how this equips them in becoming confident, well-rounded global citizens.
We welcome international pupils mainly in the Third Form and Sixth Form. However, if places are available, entry can also take place in the Fourth Form.
Lancing College provides a safe and caring environment where pupils are given the necessary support to excel in their academic studies and, at the same time, benefit from a wealth of co-curricular activities and several hundred acres of English countryside.
The boarding life helped me build self-discipline during my GCSE years and I'm truly grateful to all support rendered by tutors and colleagues which is the most valuable time I've had.
Steps to apply
All international parents (whether applying directly or through an educational agent), must get in touch with the Admissions Department in the first instance to check available space and suitability of the candidate’s application.
Admissions Team (for Year 9 enquiries)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1273 465 805
Mrs Sabina Pinto, Deputy Admissions Manager (for Year 10–12 enquiries)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1273 465 807
Please click on the link below to find out more about the admissions processes relevant to your child’s age group.
For entry to Year 10 or 11, please contact the Admissions Department on email@example.com
- In the first instance, parents/agents will be asked to submit two of the applicant’s most recent school reports (translated into English if necessary). Our Director of Admissions will advise on whether to proceed with an application.
- Parents will then be asked to submit our online Registration Form together with the non-refundable registration fee (£200). Please click here for the Registration Portal. (link to page)
- A member of the Admissions team will be in touch to arrange the pupil’s entrance assessments, which can be taken remotely. Assessments typically consist of an online cognitive ability test (CAT4) and a hand written essay in English, plus an interview with the Director of Admissions.
- If successful, the applicant will be offered a place to study at Lancing College. At this time, a reference will be requested from the pupil’s current school.
- When the successful candidate is offered a place at Lancing College, the payment of an Entrance Deposit of one term’s fees is required. This deposit is refunded when the pupil leaves the College.
- International students requiring a visa may apply 6 months before the start of their studies. Lancing College engages the services of immigration lawyers, Newland Chase, to assist in this process. Please see further information below.
Visa requirements to study in the UK
We recommend all parents check the latest visa requirements to study.
Child Student/Student Visa Applications and Lancing College
Lancing College has appointed Newland Chase to operate its student visas compliance. Please read below for further information:
Lancing has prepared me well academically. It has been good to be surrounded by motivated people, not just staff but students too.
Former International pupil